We’re looking for a German speaker to join a multilingual team in an international engineering and manufacturing company to provide customer support with order management. The role is based at our clients European headquarter in Worcester.
You will be interacting with a mixture of very large multinationals and some smaller companies in Germany and the UK. The role involves:
- Taking inbound orders from existing business customers
- Providing quotes from various price lists on the phone and by email
- Providing technical product information
- Providing support on lead times, troubleshooting discrepancies and queries
You would need to develop long-term relationships with business customers and internal departments across the business, liaising with the sales force, marketing and management teams.
As a part of a small office of a dozen people in a multilingual team you will be working alongside French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch-speaking colleagues. There are a couple of hundred people on site mostly in the factory, manufacturing, engineering and design teams.
- You must be able to speak German to a very high, near-native level, ideally with experience of working with German businesses
- You must be very good on the phone with excellent listening and prioritisation skills
- Previous experience of supporting business customers on the phone, experience of manufacturing would be very helpful but not essential
This role would also involve some technical sales support to customers, and you would get excellent product and systems training and an induction that allows you to work with the other areas of the business. You would not be expected to make cold calls or sales calls.
The company is in modern offices in a business park to the north of Worcester, with easy access to the M5, Birmingham, Cheltenham, Stow on the Wold, Leamington Spa, Stratford, Stourbridge, the West Midlands and Midlands. They have ample parking and a regular bus to the Worcester stations.
If you are interested in finding out more, please send us your CV in Word format (.doc or .docx) and we can send you the full job description and have a chat to discuss the role and go through your CV.
Corinium Language Associates is working as an Employment Agency for this permanent role. If you apply we may store your CV and details on our database and get in touch about other roles that could be of interest. We will never pass your details on to anyone else or put you forward for a job without your express permission.