Cultural differences can have a major impact on the success of a sales or marketing campaign in a new foreign market and should be the starting point when planning a strategy. Misunderstanding the market and making cultural blunders can be a disaster when launching a new product.
Corinium Language Associates will tailor a course to meet your company’s precise needs, but content could include:
- An understanding of culture and how cultural values may impact business relationships and attitudes towards sales
- An examination of the target country’s cultural values
- Overview of the target country (political, cultural, religious, business aspects to be aware of)
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communications - minimising intercultural misunderstandings and decoding body language, facial expressions and gestures.
- Business meetings - keys to success, creating a positive image and first impression
- Differences in negotiating styles, conflict resolution
- Business etiquette – dress code, gifts, expectations
- A few basic language expressions to allow you to build rapport quickly and give a great first impression.
Call us for a chat about your intercultural training requirements!